Jill Ebstein has over 20 years of experience in marketing and business development. She has consulted for numerous companies, large and small, public and private and has also held a variety of positions at blue chip companies including Hewlett Packard and Citicorp. Ms. Ebstein holds a B.S. in biology and English from Washington University and an M.B.A. in Marketing and Health Care from the Wharton School. She has strong industry knowledge in health care and services and a proven track record in strategic planning and partnership development. She is also a prolific writer. She currently serves on the board of Wharton’s Health Care Alumni Association.
Founder and President, Sized Right Marketing (sizedrightmktg.com), Newton, MA 2000
Performs concept testing, win/loss analysis, start-up support, business realignment / planning, partnership development and marketing communications.
- Particular expertise in the healthcare and services industry.
Director of Business Development, SafeScience, Boston, MA 1999 – 2000
- Developed strategic framework to assess new market opportunities.
- Managed cross-functional team in development of new product line.
- Initiated and managed strategic alliances to round out product line.
- Designed and executed launch plan including advertising and promotions, channel preparation and market leadership support.
Marketing Director, Hologic, Bedford, MA 1998
Initiated and managed development of strategic plan to reinvigorate a halted business. Designed customer communication program as part of repositioning effort.
- Launched first-ever customer upgrade program resulting in over $2 Million revenue in year one.
- Managed market adoption study for new emerging technology.
Hewlett Packard Company, Medical Products Group, Andover, MA 1987 - 1998
Professional Services Business Manager,1998
- Focused team on core business opportunity in a $400 million services market.
Alliance Development Manager, 1997
- Led consortium of companies to promote and jointly sell Office of the Future.
- Recruited device and services partners for clinical systems integration.
Business Development Manager, 1994 - 1996
- Transformed V.P.’s $1.9 billion growth vision into concrete business plan.
- Using Customer Visit Center, repositioned MPG as broader solution
- Led prototyping of software tool to demonstrate medical information access via web.
Sales Development Manager, Services Business, 1990 - 1994
- Created telesales program for services business, resulting in $2 million revenue in first year.
- Managed key marketing activities including assignment of sales quota, orchestration of customer visits, sales force training, and product repositioning.
Product Manager, 1987 - 1989
- Managed recruitment, migration, and market introduction of new VARS for health care information systems business.
CitiCorp, New York, NY
Health Care Market Manager, 1986 - 1987
- Managed Citicorp's effort to enter health care industry. Led team in evaluation of multiple opportunities and presented findings to senior management. Achieved next-stage go-ahead.
Grant Thornton, New York, NY
Senior Consultant, 1983 - 1986
- Assisted small companies with new business start-ups. Performed market studies, prepared business plans, and worked with investment banks to secure capital.
- Conducted anti-dumping investigations for U.S. Department of Commerce.
Massachusetts General Hospital, Boston, MA
Systems Analyst, 1979 - 1981
- Supported business managers in planning MGH's Wang and Community Health Centers
Client Listing Available Upon Request